As part of the CV writing process for a BA it is important to fully read the job description, and then use some of the verbiage in your CV.
So if the job description says that SQL knowledge is required then make sure your CV mentions SQL directly.
The reason you want to do this is because a lot of recruiters will not actually read your CV during the initial sift. Rather what they do is use software that automatically scans your CV for certain keywords, rejecting any application that does not contain.
Therefore using the words exactly as they appear on the job description might just give you that extra edge.
Unfortunately, not all job descriptions were created equally. Oftentimes hiring manager only provide a sentence or two as to what they require so it can be hard to put the correct keywords into your job description.
That is why we have prepared the below example Business Analyst Job Description. This example description has been specifically tailored for the banking sector but the language can be applied to BA jobs across any sector.
Hope this serves you well!
Business Analyst Job Description
Job Title: Business Analyst (Banking)
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Business Analyst to join our Banking team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and improving our banking operations by gathering and documenting business requirements, identifying gaps and opportunities, and recommending solutions to drive operational efficiency and enhance customer experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of prior experience in a Business Analyst role, possess a relevant qualification, and be proficient in SQL.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of business processes, systems, and data to identify areas for improvement, streamline processes, and increase operational efficiency.
• Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to gather business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
• Develop and maintain data models, data flows, and process flows to document business processes and requirements.
• Develop and execute test plans to ensure quality deliverables and successful implementation of new processes or system changes.
• Identify and mitigate risks associated with business processes and system changes.
• Act as a subject matter expert for assigned projects and provide guidance to team members as required.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and new technologies related to banking operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
• At least 3 years of prior experience in a Business Analyst role within a banking environment.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write complex queries.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Knowledge of banking regulations and compliance requirements.
If you are a passionate Business Analyst with a strong understanding of banking operations and a track record of successful project delivery, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.